photo Jane Richmond_zpsux4wawxl.png

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Classic Raglan Pullover

When I realized that there was a gap in Elsie’s hand knits I dropped everything and even unraveled a bit of my WIP (this yarn was meant to be a pair of French Press Felted Slippers for me).

I really wanted to knit something simple and classic, raglan sweaters knit from the top down are my absolute favorite, I also wanted to use this opportunity to achieve the perfect the fit seeing as I seem to work with this yarn often and hope to write a pattern for ladies and maybe even one for the gents.


Materials
  • 2(2, 3, 3, 3) x 100g balls of Patons Classic Wool, shade Natural Mix. 410(410, 615, 615, 615) meters
  • 5 mm circular needle, 24 inches
  • 5 mm dpns
  • 4.5 mm dpns
  • 4 stitch markers for raglan shaping + 1 distinguishable marker for beginning of rnd.
  • Waste Yarn
  • Yarn Needle

Gauge
18 sts and 24 rows = 4 in over st st using larger needles.

Sizes
2(4, 6, 8, 10) yrs





5 comments:

  1. Top down are my all time favorites too! Try the Wonderful Wallaby, a great pattern from size 2 to 44!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! will have to make this for my little girl soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's gorgeous, I love really classic garments on littluns! It looks super snuggly :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. it amazes me how quickly little kids seem to grow! she looks so big all of a sudden.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know! She's gone from a baby to a little person in the blink of an eye it seems!

    ReplyDelete