photo Jane Richmond_zpsux4wawxl.png

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Swap & Shop


 Look at what I picked up at the Swap & Shop this morning...

 { Pfaff Hobbylock 788 }

I may be a novice when it comes to sewing but I had a good idea of what these machines cost. Tucked away between the pages of the instruction manual was the original bill of sale from Sawyer Sewing Center for $1063.83 back in 1993. It's in good working order and barely used.    


...and for a hundred bucks, I thought it was a really good deal. 


...now does anyone have a VCR I could borrow to watch the instructional video?

...just kidding :)

9 comments:

  1. AIYAYAYAYAY!!! I think it's almost the same as the one I got from usedvictoria!!! They can be besties! Wanna take a serger lesson together at Sawyers? I'm planning on going in the next few weeks. Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just looked up my post...and it is!
    http://www.luvinthemommyhood.com/2010/11/theres-someone-new-in-my-house.html
    Mine needs a serious cleaning and some servicing but she's good to go! What are the odds that we got the same secondhand sergers?? It's meant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you guys are awesome!!!!! jane, you're always finding deals! seriously, take me shopping with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMAZING! you are way too lucky when it comes to this stuff... do you think if I sit next to you some luck would rub off? Rebecca you can sit on the other side of her! haha

    In other news I am casting on my cardigan!!! eeep wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WAH?!?! You're rockin' and rollin' with sewing now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so jealous!! Can't wait to see what make!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the awesome find!! Looking forward to see what you make with this beauty of yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. where is this swap&shop you speak of? :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Swap & Shop is out in Langford, at Western Speedway... it's pretty massive.

    ReplyDelete