photo Jane Richmond_zpsux4wawxl.png

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

OFF THE NEEDLES / Clarke in Brooklyn Tweed Shelter

Clarke Pullover / by janerichmond.com

This year I did a ton of selfish knitting and am slowly getting caught up uploading my finished projects to Ravelry. This is one that I finished back in August. It's a Clarke Pullover knit without stripes in Brooklyn Tweed Shelter in the colourway Old World.

Clarke Pullover / by janerichmond.com


MODS / I really wanted another Clarke, one that was loftier with less drape, that hung more like a sweatshirt than a cashmere sweater. I chose BT Shelter after trying on a sample pullover from their trunk show at the Beehive — the weight was incredible, I couldn't believe how light it was!

Because the fabric of my swatch remained the same after blocking I chose to follow the finished measurements for yoke, body, and sleeve lengths knowing that my sweater wouldn't grow during blocking. 

RESULTS / I'm in love with the finished sweater, it's so lightweight and cozy. I like how the fabric hangs as compared to my original Clarke. The colour Old World is classic and goes with everything. I wear this sweater constantly, it's also a great thermal mid layer under a coat without being bulky — it makes me want to knit a henley for hiking using some BT!

And of course as soon as I'd finished, Elsie wanted to borrow (ie. take over) this sweater so I immediately cast on another one, this time, Elsie size. She wanted the same colour (this kid's got good taste!), I might have to take some shots of us in our matching sweaters when hers is done!


Clarke Pullover / by janerichmond.comClarke Pullover / by janerichmond.com


Clarke Pullover / by janerichmond.comClarke Pullover / by janerichmond.comClarke Pullover / by janerichmond.com



PROJECT PAGE / BT Shelter Clarke
YARN / Brooklyn Tweed Shelter in Old World
SIZE / 34 inch bust
ORIGINAL PATTERN / Clarke Pullover by Jane Richmond



What's your favourite hand knit to wear right now? 




6 comments:

  1. Accessories are the only hand knits that I fit right now as I try to lose baby weight. UGH! Speaking of Clarke, when does The 100 start up again?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh I wish I knew!! I finished Longmire without knowing I was watching the last episode!! I hate when that happens!! I wasn't prepared!! Lol.

      Delete
  2. I love it, the 'sweatshirt' turned out so beautifully, I love the colour you chose. Such depth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! It's has such a casual fit and look, I just love wearing it!

      Delete
  3. I am so excited to start my own!!!! Thank you and Elsie for helping me decide on colours this past weekend. It was soon good to see you and meet her, she's such a cutie!


    I cannot wait until I can wear my very own BT Clarke!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm dying to see that purple knit up!! It was sooo lovely to see you on Friday <3

      Delete